Trend Alert! Printed Maxi Skirts
With summer sadly coming to an end, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to transition your wardrobe into the fall. Luckily, printed maxi skirts are making their way back into our closets and into our hearts! One of our favorite summer-to-fall trends, the maxi skirt, can be worn in an endless number of ways to match both your personal style and the day’s weather. Here are our top cross-seasonal maxi skirt looks:
1. Crop top: It’s definitely still warm enough to show a little tummy when you’re out with your gal pals so seize the moment by pairing a patterned skirt with a solid crop top! Go for a sultry look with strappy heels and a tight top to show off your curves or try some girly sandals and an off-the-shoulder, billowy crop top for a more boho chic style. And for all you divas out there, be sure to glitz it up with some chunky bracelets and rings.
2. Knotted tee: If you’re like us, you have a multitude of basic tees jam-packed into your dresser, so grab your fav to switch up your printed maxi skirt game. Knot the shirt at your waist for a peek at your midriff to get the ultimate spunky look. Want to turn even more heads? Style your threads with a fedora and badass ankle boots to give off a more a dynamic vibe.
3. Tank top: Going for a classic look? Try pairing a tribal or kaleidoscope printed maxi skirt with a solid or lace tank top. Tuck your tight, fitted tank in to show off your polished, feminine side or wear your long flowy top over your skirt to take the comfy-casual route. This is the perfect opportunity to bust out your favorite statement necklace to give your outfit an extra sparkle!
4. Cardigan: As it gets a little breezier, you can layer up by styling your lovely maxi, and sexy windblown tresses, with a simple top and light cardi. Pick a sweater with a bold color to make your patterned skirt pop! Finish off your ensemble with an adorable skinny belt for just a hint of prep that is totally swoon-worthy.
5. Chambray button down: Another hot item of the season is the lightweight chambray button down and great news — it looks incredible with a maxi skirt! Tie your shirt in a knot over your skirt to show off your fun, flirty side or tuck in your blouse for a more sophisticated look. You can tailor this look to your signature style with a slouchy, oversized bag to keep it casual or a femme envelope clutch to go uber posh.
6. Oversized sweater: Give your geometric or paisley printed maxi skirt the perfect fall makeover by pairing it with a must-have for every fashion maven, the oversized sweater. We certainly do not encourage wearing circus tents as a garments so cinch your sweater in at the waist with a belt or tuck your knit into the front of your skirt for a hi-lo effect to ensure you don’t get lost in fabric. You can also accessorize with some delicate gold or silver jewelry to offset the fullness of your sweater.